HOW TO PURGE THE APSX-PIM INJECTION MACHINE
Warning: USE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT BEFORE PURGING.
SAFETY: PRESSURIZED HEATED PLASTIC CAN CAUSE SEVERE BURNS. THE NOZZLE VALVE SHOULD BE OPEN AT ALL TIMES DURING PURGING TO PREVENT SPLATTERING.
If you switch to a different plastic material to process a different part, the purging process may be required.
If all motor movements are verified ok in manual-operation state, you can perform the purging process. Ideally, use a purging material, natural HDPE plastic pellets, or an equivalent product. Repeat the purging process 3-5 times with manual controls until all the old material is removed from the barrel.
- Remove the mold and have the nozzle plate area clean
- Load the hopper with purging material and run the hopper until the barrel is fully primed
- Set the HEAT on and wait until a minimum of 200 C or until you’ve reached the specific melting point of your plastic.
- Set the holding pressure at a low pressure, i.e., 50 - Open the valve.
- Take your safety measures with goggles and have the mold gate closed
- Use the HOLD PRESSURE button to start the purging process. Increase the pressure if necessary.
- Once the plunger has pressed all the way into the barrel, press HOME INJECTION
- Repeat this process multiple times until the discharged material is visually the same as the purging material
You can also watch this VIDEO for details: https://youtu.be/bpWXoXczNKQ